1964 Beech Baron B55 (N15T)
Interested parties can contact Mike Piccirilli at (314) 705-9250 or firstname.lastname@example.org
This Baron is being Sold “As Is, Where Is”. Because of the amount of work needed to make it airworthy, we are strongly giving preference to a buyer who would trailer it away.
This Baron has 6,926 TT, engines have 1,048 SMOH and props are 906 since new. It was last annualed in 8/2014 and ferried to KSUS from Napa, CA in Sept 2017 (with the gear extended).
The ferry flight from CA in 2017 had these documented discrepancies:
- Gear Up/Down Lts InO. Gear retract test failed. Flew with gear down.
- Ldg Gear breaker broken, its wire moved to Cabin Lights breaker. Cabin Lts breaker wires taken off and taped.
- Transponder was intermittent.
- Glove/Map box missing
- Left Tachometer appears to have failed.
- Whiskey compass is dry.
- Cabin heater fuel line disconnected by previous owner.
- ADF and RNAV units InOp
- EGT gauge unusable
- O/H cabin light lens melted
- O/H air duct scoop will not remain closed and seal is nonexistent
- M800 Davtron chronometer InOp
- Aux fuel gauges very inaccurate
A pre-buy inspection provided these additional findings:
- Left Engine: 1/70, 2/60, 3/54, 4/66, 5/62, 6/56
- Right Engine: 1/60, 2/68, 3/58, 4/50, 5/40 Exhaust leak, 6/70
- The #5 cylinder on the right engine was the only bad egg with a substantial exhaust leak. It will not pass an annual inspection and will need to be repaired. Minimum pressure is 45 psi.
- Some minor corrosion in wings that could stand to be treated with Corrosion X.
- Manufactured By: Beech Baron
- Year Manufactured: 1964
- Aircraft Model: 95—B55 (T42A)
- Serial Number: TC-626
- Hobbs: 1,136
- Total Airframe Time Since New: 6,926 Hours
- Last Annual Completed: 08/01/2014
- Ferry Flight from Napa, CA to KSUS: Sept 2017
- Manufacture: Teledyne Continental
- Model: Left: IO-470-L26B S/N: 297503-R
- Right: IO-470-L26B S/N: 297504-R
- Engine Total Time Since New: Left: 1,048, Right: 1,048 Hours
- Remanufactured 09/1994.
- HP- 260
- Recommended TBO: 1,700 hours
- Manufactured By: McCauley
- Models: Left: 2AF34C55-NO Right: 2AF34C55-KMO
- Hub Serial Number Left: 712506 Right: 693802
- Time Since New – Left: 906 Hours Right: 906 Hours
- Audio Panel: King KMA24
- Nav/Com: King KX175B
- ADF: King KR85
- DME: King KN74
- All Airframe, Propeller and Engine Logbooks Available
- Vortex Generators
- Dual Yoke
Exterior: White with Medium Blue and Dark Blue trim (Oxidized, may be able to be rejuvenated)
Interior: Blue Fabric and beige trim (good seats to fair sidewall condition)
Weight and Balance Data (from 3/29/99)*
- Basic Empty Weight = 3,347.5 Pounds
- Max Seat Capacity = 6
- Useful Load = 1,752.5 Pounds
- Gross Weight = 5,100 Pounds
- Empty Weight CG: = 79 Inches
* (Refer to Pilots Operating Handbook Wt. & Balance Record)
Total Fuel Capacity: 136 Useable Gallons
Internal Aft Fuselage
Internal Left Wing #1
Internal Left Wing #2
Internal Right Wing #1
Internal Right Wing #2
Internal Right Wing #3
Nose Baggage Compartment