1971 Piper Cherokee 140 - N5424S
Interested parties can contact Mike Piccirilli at (314) 705-9250 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Here’s a complete 1971 Cherokee 140 project. The Good News is that it was donated to us in 2019, we ferried it from Kentucky with a Special Flight Permit (SFP) and it only has 3,004 TT. We have used it in our STEM program with high school students for the last 3 years but now have another plane to take its’ place. ! We have all the logbooks and have just complied with the recent major ADs.
The Bad News: Though the engine runs (see video), it has significant issues requiring an overhaul (see the engine inspection report for full details and the internal engine photos). The engine actually was swapped from a 1967 Cherokee and has ~ 1,800 hours on it. The paint is very poor, the front seats need to be reupholstered, and it has non-structural patches on the vertical tail and left flap. Unfortunately, it would take way too much work for us to make this 140 airworthy and the local FSDO is very adverse to issuing a second SFP without an Annual Inspection being performed. Which means we highly suggest trailering the 140 out. We are selling it “As Is, Where Is”. We are located at Spirit of St Louis airport (KSUS).
Additional Equipment Installed/Information
- Complete Log Books
- Madras Super Tips
- Auto Fuel STC
- Wheel Pants
- 1/8/98, Hit deer, Replaced Bottom Cowling, inboard left leading edge, lower left fuselage panel and New Prop (s/n A57136) installed at Tach time 2,919 hrs.
- “Hangar Rash” Vertical Tail temporary repair on right side (see 2019 Logbook entry)
- Repairs visible on lower and upper side of left flap (see photos)
Exterior: Poor Paint Condition (thin, bare aluminum in spots, very oxidized)
Interior: Poor, Front Seating surfaces torn
- Manufactured By: Piper
- Year Manufactured: 1971
- Aircraft Model: PA-28-140
- Serial Number: 28-7125119
- Total Airframe Time: 3,004.22
- Tach Time: 3,004.22
- Date Last Annual Completed: 8/15/2014
- Flown from Kentucky to KSUS via Special Flight Permit in July 2019
- Type/Model: O-320-E2A
- Serial Number: L-18761-27A
- Manufactured By: Lycoming
- Total Time: 1,793.65
- 1/28/75 at 2,230.85 tach hrs. this engine was installed from damaged aircraft N9618W and had 1,020.28 hrs. TTE.
- HP: 150
- TBO: 2,000 hrs.
- Manufactured By: Sensenich
- Model: 74DM6-0-58
- Propeller Serial Number: A57136
- Propeller Time Since New: 85.2 hrs
- Prop Installed on 1/8/1998
- Audio Panel: Bendix King KMA-24
- GPS/Transceiver: Garmin GNC-300
- Nav/Com: Bendix King KX-155
- Transponder: Bendix King KT-76A
- Wing Leveler: Piper Autoflite
Weight and Balance Data
Weight and Balance Data*
- Basic Empty Weight = 1,361 lbs.
- Max Seat Capacity = 4
- Useful Load = 789 lbs.
- Gross Weight = 2,150
- Empty Weight CG = 2
* (Refer to Wt. & Balance Record 5/6/2008)
Total Fuel Capacity: 50 Gallons