2012 Van's RV-6 - N156CM
Interested parties can contact Mike Piccirilli at (314) 705-9250 or email@example.com
This nice Van’s RV-6 example was donated by a 2-time builder from Maryland. He recently has completed an RV-7 and can only fly one plane at a time. He made the choice to donate in order to diminish his liability risk as a builder and because he believes in Wings of Hope Mission. His one requirement when making his donation decision was that he wanted an independent maintenance facility to perform a Condition Inspection to verify his build quality. We jointly chose Base Leg Maintenance, the preeminent RV maintenance shop, located in Peachtree City, GA. The RV passed the Condition Inspection with a glowing endorsement on this RV-6 build quality. It certainly has caused a stir in our hangar by how nice it looks. On the retrieval flight from GA, FlightAware was showing 165 – 170 MPH @ 6,000′ and the ferry pilot reported the fuel flow at 8.8 GPH. It’s a VFR, night flight ready, simple aircraft to enjoy!
- There was bird-strike damage on right outboard leading edge. Repaired by builder/donor. Painted at last Condition Inspection. The quality of paint is disappointing (while white, there is no gloss on the repaired panel).
- Misfitting fuel caps discovered during ferry flight fixed by replacing rubber “O” rings.
- Left MLG inboard fairing became distorted during ferry flight (see Photo). WoH volunteer has repaired.
- In Cruise flight, constant application of Right rudder is required. Discussed with Donor and he acknowledged that the existing rudder trim addition needs to be increased in size.
- Windshield has a 1 – 2″ crack that is stop-drilled.
- The canopy has small cracks around some fasteners.
- The backup Altimeter’s (steam gauge) has a broken pressure adjustment knob.
Additional Equipment Installed/Information
- Complete Log Books
- Slider Canopy
- Newer starter, tires, battery, and 406 ELT
- All Van’s SBs C/W
- Parts/Instructions for S/B #36, rev C, included – not due until cracks found
- Condition Inspection just performed by Base Leg Maintenance (Peachtree, GA)
- Rudder Pedals optimized for taller pilots (5’11” and taller)
- Pilot Side Brake
- Not currently approved for Aerobatic Flight (new owner would have to put it back into Phase 1 testing)
- Spare used alternator is included.
- External rudder lock included.
Exterior: Painted in 2013. Very Good condition. Overall white with Blue.
Interior: Original in Very Good condition, Navy Blue vinyl and fabric.
- Manufacturer: John C Moody
- Model Year: 2012
- Aircraft Model: RV-6
- Serial Number: 20361
- Total Airframe Time: 1431.7
- Tach Time: 1431.7
- Date of 97, 411 check: 5/27/22
- Date Last Condition Inspection: 10/23/23
- Date Flown into KSUS: 11/1/23
- Type/Model: O-320-D1A
- Engine Serial Number: L-17402-39A
- Manufacturer: Lycoming
- Engine Total Time 1431.7
- Time SNew: 1431.7
- Time STOH: 295.7 (all cylinders repaired/replaced on 8/13/20)
- HP: 150
- TBO: 2000
- Manufacturer: Sensenich
- Model: 70CM759-0-80
- Propeller Serial Number: 101746K
- Propeller Time Since New: 1431.7
|Elec Flt Info Sys||Dynon||EFIS-D6|
|GPS||Garmin||196||Moving Map VFR|
|ADS-B Out||Free Flight||FDL-978-TX Lite|
|Engine Info Sys||Grand Rapids||4000|
|Intercom||PS Engrg||PM 3000|
Weight & Balance Data
|Basic Empty Weight||1024|
|Max Seat Capacity||2|
|Empty Weight CG||69.9|
* (Refer to Wt. & Balance Record 5/10/96)
Total Fuel Capacity: 38 Gallons